Graduate Student Financial Opportunities
Virginia Tech fellowships
- John R. Jones Graduate Fellowship
- Robert E. Hord, Jr. Mechanical Engineering Fellowship
- Rolls-Royce Doctoral Student Fellowship Program
Mechanical Engineering Fellowships for PhD Study
To provide added funding stability for outstanding new PhD students, the department has available one-year fellowship supplements plus GRA/GTA support for three years of study. Because of limited funding, this is a competitive program. Students must have at least a 3.5 GPA in graduate courses to be considered.
Before the fellowship can begin:
- Students must pass the PhD qualifier and be registered as a PhD student.
- The student’s MS advisor must document that the requirements for the MS degree have been satisfied.
- ASME Graduate Fellowship Program (various)
- ASHRAE Grant-in-Aid for Graduate Students
- DOD Science and Eng. Graduate Fellowship
- DOD SMART Fellowships
- Edison Electric Institute
- The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society Scholarship
- Link Foundation Energy Fellowship
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graudate Fellowship (NDSEG):
- NASA Programs
- NSF Fellowship Information
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowships
- SAMPE Graduate Scholarship Award
- Whitaker Foundation Fellowships in Biomedical Engineering
- Yanmar/SAE Scholarship