Accelerated UG/G Program
Interested in a jump start on graduate school?
Apply to the Undergraduate/Graduate (UG/G) accelerated master’s program in mechanical engineering or nuclear engineering to start earning graduate credits in the last two semesters of your undergraduate degree program. This program is open to undergraduates in engineering and basic sciences and allows students to count up to 12 hours of course credit toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree.
- Students must have completed 90 credit hours and have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher to be eligible for this program.
- Students must apply and be accepted to the UG/G program before the semester in which they plan to double-count courses.
- Students must earn a "B" or better in double-count courses.
- Students should complete the online graduate school application for the semester they will begin as a full-time graduate student (the semester after earning the bachelor's degree)
- Choose the program option "VT undergraduate accelerated UG/GR degree"
- Students in this track may apply for the M.S. or M.Eng. Students interested in the Ph.D. will have the opportunity to switch to that degree with the support of their research advisor.
- Submit two references. One should be a VT faculty member.
- Students may use unofficial copies of the transcript.
- GRE scores are not required.
- The Graduate School provides fee waivers to students meeting certain eligibility requirements.
- Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher that do not qualify for a fee waiver through the Graduate School may request a fee waiver through the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Departmental fee waivers will be awarded once the student has completed the general application and uploaded a transcript.