The Mechanical Engineering Society of Distinguished Alumni
The ME Society of Distinguished Alumni is an honorary society open to qualified graduates, of the ME Department at Virginia Tech (at bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels). The fundamental purpose of the Society is to provide a formal means of recognition of those alumni who have demonstrated extraordinary achievement in their careers. A major objective of the Society is to promote greater interaction between ME Alumni and ME faculty, staff, and students.
Michelle M. Grieshaber. Classes of 1985, 1986, 1991. Chief Marketing Officer, Silicon Labs
* Walter F. O’Brien. Classes of 1960, 1968. J. Bernard Jones Professor, Mechanical Engineering
John F. Sparks. Classes of 1974, 1976, 1981. Director, Program Management, Aerojet Rocketdyne
Keith van Houten. Class of 1991. Manager, ADAS/Autonomous Vehicle Performance Simulation, General Motors
Sarah J. Mayer. Class of 1988. Sr. Director, Architecture, Capabilities & Systems, BDS Operations and Quality, Boeing
Eligible ME alumni who have distinguished themselves by being named to the College of Engineering Academy of Academic Excellence through 2017, are inducted into the MESoDA as Legacy Members.
Inductees with an asterix (*) are deceased.
Mr. Jerry H. Ballengee, 1962, Retired President and CO, Union Camp Corp.
* Mr. R. Sidney Barrett Jr., 1962, Retired General Partner, B&H Enterprises
* Mr. Edgar Boynton, 1921, Former Partner, Wiley and Wilson
Mr. David A. Christian, 1976, Executive Vice President and CEO, Dominion Resource
* Mr. William A. Cox Jr., 1934, Retired, William A. Cox Consulting
Mr. Nicholas H. Des Champs, 1962, 1967, Founder, Retired President, Des Champs Technologies
Ms. Regina E. Dugan, 1984, 1985, Head of Building 8, Facebook
Mr. Elmer R. Easton, 1947, President and CEO, Three D Graphics
Mr. Robert C. Gibson, 1961, Past Chairman, Clark, Nexsen
Mr. George R. Goodson Jr., 1949, Founder, Retired Chairman, Warwick Plumbing and Heating
* Mr. J.B. Jones, 1945, Retired, Professor and Department Head
Mr. John R. Jones III, 1967, Retired President, American Electric Power Pro Service
Ms. Mary “Prim” Jones, 1962, Retired Executive Director of Engineering, Aerojet General Corporation
* Mr. E. George Middleton Jr., 1950, Retired President, E.G. Middleton, Inc.
* Mr. Hobart A. Weaver, 1950, Retired Director, Lucent Technologies
Mr. William K. Wells, 1966, Former Partner, Kenyon and Kenyon