John Palmore Jr.
- Thrust Area Specialty: Energy Engineering and Science
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Direct Numerical Simulation
- High Performance Computing
- Multiphase Flows
- Phase Change
My research uses computational fluid dynamics to study turbulent, multiphase flows with phase change. The research is under the direct numerical simulation paradigm, which means that the simulations resolve all length and time scales associated with the flow. To perform these simulations, we develop novel numerical schemes that leverage the high performance, parallel computing capabilities of facilities such as Virginia Tech’s Advanced Research Computing Center.
- 2018–Present, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech
- 2018, Postdoctoral Researcher, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Cornell University
- 2012-2018, PhD Researcher, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Cornell University
- Ph.D. - Aerospace Engineering, Cornell University, 2018
- M.S. - Aerospace Engineering, Cornell University, 2015
- B.S. - Aerospace Engineering, University of Alabama, 2012