- Thrust Area Specialty: Robotics, Autonomous, and Dynamical Systems
The theoretical and experimental research program at Multiphysics Intelligent and Dynamical Systems (MInDS) laboratory focuses on the structural dynamics and wave propagation in ultrasound-responsive intelligent material systems. The various interdisciplinary applications include wireless acoustic power transfer, acoustic holographic lenses, ultrasound atomization, microfluidics driven via ultrasonic, and ultrasound responsive polymer-based systems.
- 2022–Present, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech
- 2019–2022, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech
- 2016-2019, Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics, Virginia Tech
- 2015-2016, Instructor, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics, Virginia Tech
- 2010-2015, Graduate Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Tech
- 2004-2010, Collaborative Researcher, Mechanical Engineering, Brunel University, London, UK
- NSF CAREER Award, 2022.
- Virginia Tech Engineering Faculty Organization Award, 2021.
- Virginia Tech ICTAS Junior Faculty Award, 2020.
- ASME Energy Harvesting Best Paper Award, 2019.
- Student Engineers' Council (SEC) Undergraduate Research Advisor Award, Virginia Tech, 2017.
- Second-place winner in the Student Paper Competition of the ASME Technical Committee on Vibration and Sound, 2015.
- SPIE/ASME Best Student Paper Award finalist (received honorable mention), 2015.
- Invited participant for Virginia Tech Future Faculty Program, 2015.
- Invited participant for GE's annual Networking Event at the GE Global Research Center in Niskayuna, NY, 2014.
- Recipient of the Leo Beranek Student Medal for excellence in the study of noise control, 2013.
- Anne Robinson Clough Conference Grant, 2012.
- Ph.D. - Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
- M.S. - Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2013
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering, University of Kerman, Iran, 2004